Is your car ready for a road trip?
Summer is just around the corner and things are heating up!
If you’re planning a road trip, it’s important to make sure your car is ready for the journey ahead. Here are some steps you can take to get your car ready for a road trip:
1. Check the fluids: Make sure to check the oil, coolant, brake fluid, and transmission fluid levels in your car. Top off any fluids that are low or schedule a maintenance appointment to have them changed if they are due.
2. Check the tires: Make sure your tires are properly inflated and have enough tread. Check the tire pressure with a gauge and adjust it if necessary. Inspect the tires for any signs of wear or damage and replace them if needed.
3. Check the brakes: Have your brakes inspected to make sure they are in good condition before you hit the road.
4. Check the battery: Check the battery terminals for any signs of corrosion and clean them if necessary. Make sure the battery is fully charged and in good condition.
5. Check the lights: Check all of your headlights, taillights, turn signals, and brake lights to make sure they are working properly.
6. Pack an emergency kit: Make sure to pack an emergency kit that includes a first aid kit, flashlight, jumper cables, flares, and a spare tire in case of a roadside emergency.
7. Clean the car: Clean the interior and exterior of your car before you leave to make the trip more enjoyable and comfortable.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your car is in good condition for your road trip and minimize the risk of any issues or breakdowns along the way.
Need a full road trip check over? Give us a call to schedule an appointment today: (303) 425-0200.